Night Warehouse - Unloader
Posted on 09/21/2020Jake's Finer Foods - Houston, TX 77086
Incentive Based Pay per hour Full Time
PAY RATE INFO: this position starts at a base rate - once you have proven your skills, you will move into an "Incentive Based Pay" which will allow you to earn even more
General Purpose of Job:
The Unloader is responsible for unloading pallets out of our Vendor’s trucks and preparing them to be put away.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following – other duties may be assigned:
· Team Member who reinforces Jake’s mission, vision and core values at all times while ensuring that the company’s loading activities run safely, efficiently and profitably.
· Requires routine lifting/moving of up to 65 pounds, requires occasional lifting heavier amounts.
· Restack and correct any palletized load, which is unstable or unsatisfactory due to poor stacking before clearing it for put away.
· Ensure all product labels are facing forward and easily seen for selection.
· Ensure all pallets are neatly stacked and ready for the Forklift Operators to put away per zone and instruction.
· Maintain loading dock in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Report any defective equipment (warehouse or transportation) to reporting supervisor in order to repair the defect.
· Complete “Equipment Safety Checklist” before starting job duties.
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and practices.
· Comply with all Safety policies and procedures.
· Any other tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as load maps, labels, work instructions, and reports.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Job Attributes:
- Attention to accuracy and detail; must be able to accurately keep records and possess organizational skills.
- Ability to safely operate a motorized pallet jack and dock-stocker.
- Displays professionalism, a good work ethic, and is accountable for one’s actions.
- Act in an ethical manner, treat team members, customers, vendors and visitors with respect, and is adaptable to a changing environment.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, detailed and deadline oriented environment.
· Interpersonal skills and professionalism.
· Communication and listening skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Adhere to all general safety rules.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Requirements – Other duties may be assigned:
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to routinely lift/move up to 65 pounds, occasionally lifting heavier amounts.
- Ability to work in cooler temperature zones as low as -20 degrees.
- Ability to maintain a moderate level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: fine manipulating with hands, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds with proper lifting techniques.
Please login to apply for this job.