Night Warehouse - Order Selector
Posted on 09/21/2020Jake's Finer Foods - Houston, TX 77086
$17 per hour Full Time
As followers of Jesus, we will be a thriving family business, impacting lives and helping others achieve their goals.
We commit to glorifying God by providing quality products, exceptional service and creative solutions for our customers.
OUR CORE VALUES
Integrity & Accountability
Respect & Professionalism
Our eco-friendly 230,000 sq ft warehouse features nine temperature zones to ensure each item is stored at its ideal temperature, including our produce which is inspected throughout the day to make sure all fruits and vegetables are delivered to you fresh, ripe and ready to use.
State-of-the-art technology, design innovations and energy-saving elements, deliver greater warehousing capacity, unparalleled food storage processes and the ability to efficiently distribute more than 10,000 items.
We also utilize leading-edge supply chain technology to ensure accurate orders at high fill rates, while our modern fleet of trucks consistently delivers the freshness and quality you can expect from Jake’s. Our late-model trailers are equipped with multi-temperature refrigeration units, allowing us to deliver frozen, refrigerated, and dry product, all at one time, and within required temperature specifications of our customers.
We employ safe, courteous, and experienced delivery drivers, who are lead by our responsive and service-oriented transportation staff, and supported by our entire executive management team.
QUALITY. The foundation of all we do is based upon delivering quality food, great service and custom solutions. From the independent operator, multi-unit chain, school or retail supermarket, our focus is centered on meeting your individual needs.
SERVICE. Jake’s will design a solution for you that targets long-term growth, not short-term gain. This unique approach allows us to provide the lowest costs possible while addressing the aspects of your business that are important to you. With aggressive pricing, a talented dedicated-account team, and prompt, accurate deliveries, we are committed to providing you with solutions that will help your business grow.
SOLUTIONS. While you’re keeping up with your business, our procurement team is keeping up with the markets. Our dedicated team tracks commodity market pricing and anticipates emerging trends that will impact the success of your business. As a member of UniPro Foodservice, Jake’s has access to more than 800 quality national brands and the largest buying capacity in the industry, allowing us to buy products competitively and pass the savings on to you.
PAY RATE INFO: $17 an hour is starting base rate - once you have proven your skills, you will move into an "Incentive Based Pay" which will allow you to earn even more
General Purpose of Job:
The Order Selector is responsible for timely and accurately selecting and palletizing product orders for our customers using a pallet jack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following – other duties may be assigned:
· Team Member who reinforces Jake’s mission, vision and core values at all times while ensuring that the company’s loading activities run safely, efficiently and profitably.
· Requires routine lifting/moving of up to 65 pounds, requires occasional lifting heavier amounts.
· Using our picking system, select products for customer orders at a rate of 195 cases/hour for freezer and 180 equivalent cases/hour for dry, bi-weekly.
· Maintain a 1 and 3000 error ratio or better, bi-weekly.
· Properly stack and label products on pallets for delivery to the customer.
· Correct any shorts in a timely manner.
· Use pallet jack in the warehouse to transport product to the corresponding door it is routed to.
· Treat all products you touch with respect.
· Pick up cases in aisles and place back into slot.
· Report all spills, breakage, and damage of product to a supervisor.
· Perform assigned aisle clean up before end of shift.
· Logging onto completion of each unit of work assigned.
· Timely arrival to work and clocking into the payroll system.
· Complete “Equipment Safety Checklist” before starting job duties.
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and practices.
· Comply with all Safety policies, procedures and practices.
· Any other duties as assigned by the management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as labels, work instructions, and reports.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with team members.
- Ability to hear commands from picking system and verbally respond to it.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Job Attributes:
- Ability to operate a motorized pallet jack.
- Attention to accuracy and detail; must be able to accurately keep records and have a high level of organizational skills.
- Displays professionalism, a good work ethic, and is accountable for one’s actions.
- Act in an ethical manner, treat team members, customers, vendors and visitors with respect, and is adaptable to a changing environment.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, detailed and deadline oriented environment.
· Interpersonal skills and professionalism.
· Communication and listening skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Adhere to all general safety rules.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Prefer motorized pallet jack certification.
Physical Requirements – Other duties may be assigned:
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to routinely lift/move up to 65 pounds, occasionally lifting heavier amounts.
- Ability to work in cooler temperature zones as low as -20 degrees.
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities for 8+ hours of a shift: balancing, stooping, reaching, standing/walking, pushing/pulling, lifting, fine manipulating with hands, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds with proper lifting techniques.
Please login to apply for this job.