Senior UI/UX Designer
Posted on 11/15/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you will be a part of a cross-functional team to build and enhance our customer-facing applications while applying modern design principles in all phases of UX development. Your duties will include user research, performing competitive analysis, developing user personas, writing use cases, journey maps, storyboards, experience objectives, and information architecture strategies, sketching, prototyping, performing user testing, and analytical study.
What you will do:
- Consider both new and existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Use feedback and analytics to help inform UX decisions
- Sketch/prototype design elements in an iterative fashion
- Lead design-studio sessions
- Plan and perform user testing
- Present to team members, business partners, and management
What you will need:
- 5+ years of relevant design/UX experience, providing a portfolio of related projects
- Ability to lead design studios, facilitate brainstorming sessions to improve/enhance applications and features with a user-centered design process.
- Ability to work with an agile mindset focused on: Learning before solving; working on the most important things first; breaking work into small chunks to provide value as soon as possible; timeboxing work; and eliminating waste.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to inform and influence stakeholders
- High-level presentation abilities
- Proficiency with modern design and mocking tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Mockplus, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, or Computer Science-related degree, preferred
- Both web and native app development experience (iOS/Android)
- A passion for user design
- A desire to stay current with modern tools and trends
- Insurance and/or Financial Industry knowledge is a plus
Please login to apply for this job.