Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Posted on 06/22/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
As a member of the team you will architect, implement and troubleshoot Azure cloud solutions, as well as develop and maintain infrastructure automation tools. You will also leverage DevOps tools, processes and methodologies to build and maintain our application environments. We are looking for a passionate problem solver that is highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Designing, orchestrating, implementing, and supporting secure and scalable infrastructure using IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Developing and deploying solutions leveraging Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, ARM, etc.) and utilizing Configuration Management tools (PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Developing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver quality solutions efficiently, securely, and at scale using Azure DevOps and Visual Studio.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing architecture, governance, operating procedures, monitoring, and system standards; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all server, storage, IaaS, PaaS, and other infrastructure related support.
- Review and correlate information, determine root cause, and improve processes to prevent recurring issues.
- Lead infrastructure-related projects from idea generation through implementation including needs analysis, cost/benefit, selection, implementation, knowledge transfer and support.
- Mentor and develop best practices for larger Enterprise Cloud System team
- As needed participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Overtime as required.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business or related major is preferred
- 7+ years of systems engineering/infrastructure experience and 5+ years of cloud platform experience, (Azure preferred) in an Enterprise IT environment
- Certification(s) in administering and/or architecting cloud-based technologies is preferred e.g. Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- 5+ years scripting experience with Infrastructure as Code
- 7+ years Working knowledge/previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server; Active Directory Administration and Security; Group Policy; PowerShell; Security Compliance and Remediation; Server, Virtualization and Storage design, implementation, and administration.
- 4+ years experience of IAC deployment technologies (e.g. Terraform, Azure ARM templates, PowerShell)
- 3+ years experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, PowerShell DSC)
- 6+ years experience working knowledge/experience of networking (subnetting, routing, VPC / VNet, Express Route, security groups, load balancing, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with monitoring (e.g. OMS, AppInsights, LogAnalytics) and notification systems
- Strategic thinking, pragmatic problem-solving abilities dealing with complex systems
- Comfortable wearing lots of hats in a heterogeneous environment: working with web servers and databases, and software, dashboards and various IaaS systems and PaaS resources
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process
- Strong commitment to standardization
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Specifically, environment delivery and support for:
- Azure AD
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Load Balancers
- Azure Front Door
- Redis Cache
- Global Traffic Manager
- Azure OMS/Application Insights
- Azure APIM
- Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Cosmos, etc.
- Application Service Environment
- Service Fabric
- Provisioning and capacity planning
- Implementation of Infrastructure SDLC (Azure DevOps)
- Cloud SDN (Azure)
- Strong security/audit awareness
- Vulnerability and patch management
Please login to apply for this job.