Part-Time Bookkeeper/ Administrative Assistant
Posted on 06/09/2021The Village Presbyterian Church of Northbrook - Northbrook, IL 60062
$20 - $25 per hour Part Time
To serve as the Part-Time Church Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant of the Church. In addition to providing regular and accurate financial statements to the church, this position will support and assist the Office Manager with limited administrative duties.
Requirements for all positions at The Village Church include:
A love and deep commitment to The Village Church Mission
A love of the local church.
An appreciation of Missional Theology
Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Self-motivated and ability to work in fast-paced team environment where multi-tasking is the norm
Proficiency in computers including Microsoft Office programs and database management.
Key Responsibilities of this Position
- All data entry to the Church’s Realm financial system to properly record: All receipts, disbursements, annual budget data and pledge accounting records;
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements;
- Prepare and distribute annual 1099 reports;
- Prepare and mail quarterly contribution statements;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Maintain all accounting files;
- Prepare and execute year-end closing transactions.
- Research and retrieve receipts from staff credit card users;
- Prepare monthly credit card journal entry according to budget categories as provided by staff;
- Prepare payroll journal entries based on reports provided by payroll processing vendor;
- Prepare reports, as requested, to support annual pledge drive;
- Attend monthly meetings of Finance Committee and weekly staff meeting.
- Assists Office Manager with limited Administration including Database Management/IT and Program Support.
- Perform other duties as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant reports and is directly responsible to the Office Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· A joyful personal faith in Christ Jesus that can be expressed in an engaging manner.
· Personal integrity, sensitivity and caring that inspire confidence in our constituencies with the ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and specifically financial.
· Excellent bookkeeping skills.
· Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility and effective time management skills
· Ability to assist in all areas of general office functions
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Outlook Email), Office Equipment operation and maintenance
· Realm Database System knowledge preferred.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Must have at least 3 years bookkeeping experience.
· Must have High School Diploma.
· Must work on-site at the church. Must be local.
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: Hourly $20 - $25
Normal Working Hours: 20 - 24 Hours P/Week
- Office Manager for general supervision and to the Personnel Committee for any concerns related to his position. He/She will be evaluated per the performance appraisal policies and procedures of The Village Presbyterian Church.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Please login to apply for this job.