Manager Insurance Product Management
Posted on 05/24/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
This position has responsibility for product development and product management for the Insurance product line. This role is responsible for supporting the revenue growth goals of GuideStone by providing best-in-class products and service while minimizing the time to market.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain product line strategy/road-map for the health and welfare line of business by working closely with internal stakeholders and maintaining expertise related to insurance and employee benefits markets.
- Measure competitiveness and profitability of current product suite and collaborate with internal stakeholders for bringing improvements to market quickly.
- Maintain awareness of customer market and respond appropriately with competitive and profitable solutions.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from business case analysis, requirements gathering, product positioning, release, and monitoring product performance.
- Manage product development and implementation with the purpose of minimizing time to market.
- Manage costs and maintain operating efficiency through effective staffing and appropriate budget controls.
- Oversee change management needed for new products and enhancements for successful implementation among internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Apply Agile project management concepts to facilitate effective product development and launch phases.
- Provide budget insight based on road-map planning and future needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships
- Planning and assigning work for a team of direct reports.
- Personnel decisions including hiring, disciplinary action, performance appraisal, staffing and development plans.
- Coordination of training needs.
- Counseling supervisors regarding team development, employee development, and disciplinary actions.
- Lead project teams.
- Direct work of individuals not in reporting structure.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Graduate degree (MBA) or CPA preferred.
- Travel up to 5% annually.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong management abilities with 5+ years experience in the following areas:
- Health plan administration or financial management
- Product management or development
- Strong internal and external research and networking skills.
- Strong financial, analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading and managing the work of others.
Please login to apply for this job.