Posted on 11/18/2021Orphan Outreach - Plano, TX 75075
Orphan Outreach is seeking an individual to provide administrative support to the Missions department. Basic responsibilities include assistance with the preparation and organization of mission trips and other duties as assigned.
- Handle administrative details of mission trips
- Support the overall trip planning process
- Manage online Missions Admin database and coordinate maintenance of trip participant accounts with Raiser’s Edge Database Coordinator
- Arrange mission trip air travel and visas for trip participants and Mission teams ·Maintain digital paperwork to create travel documents for trip leaders and teams
- Communicate with volunteer and mission interests
- Assist with organizing humanitarian aid and other missions functions at Orphan Outreach office
- Assist department staff in meeting deadlines for various tasks and projects as required
- Participate in staff meetings, church events, and other opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This position may require both domestic and international travel.
- Coordinate travel logistics for the executive leadership team, international NGO teams and partners of Orphan Outreach
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values, both personally and professionally.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and be understood in face-to-face interactions; to speak in front of groups; and to articulate with accuracy while speaking on the phone.
- Requires ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions, answer phones, return phone calls and communicate in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to organize complex tasks and plans and to be detail oriented; effective ability to create plans.
- Requires ability to have strong interpersonal skills; establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with staff, applicants, churches and outside agencies/organizations.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Requires ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must exhibit self-confident behaviors, secure with self and willing to give credit to others.
- Experience in overseas travel and has an understanding of the details and logistics involved in international travel.
- Requires high level of proficiency with personal computers (Mac preferred) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The purpose of Orphan Outreach job descriptions is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees.
A job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change materially.
Please login to apply for this job.