Posted on 08/05/2020Mercury One, Inc. - Irving, TX 75039
65,000-70,000 per year
Who We Are: Mercury One is a Judeo Christian faith-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 2011 by media personality, entrepreneur, and New York Times best-selling author Glenn Beck.
What We Do: Mercury One is not an ordinary organization. We stand to restore the human spirit through programs to advance the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for individuals and communities to help themselves. We also assist our nation’s veterans, provide aid to those in crisis, and rebuild and restore the lives of Christians and other persecuted religious minorities.
Why We Do It: We believe in honoring God and our country. We believe that we are called to action to restore the human spirit through humanitarian aid and to educate through the truth. We believe that the Holy Bible is the authoritative word of God and that it should serve as our guide for all that we do.
About the Role:
The controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities, annual budget, and cash projections. Responsible for managing all accounting functions, preparing for audits, and tax filings.
Controller Position Duties:
· Lead all day-to-day accounting operations including Revenue receipting, AP/AR, GL, Month End closing, Payroll
· Prepare and review financial reporting packages and cash flow projections for weekly and monthly required reporting
· Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
· Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
· Ensure systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits
· Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
· Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep executive leadership abreast of financial status.
· Manage and monitor monthly cost and expenses, economies of state, etc.
· Coordinate internal and external audits, 990 filings, and sales and other tax-related filings
· Assists the Director of Operations with Banking and other financial related institutions or organizations as needed
· Supervise Accounting department staff
· Ensure monthly reporting is complete by staff for time allocation, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursement
· Coordinate with Donor Database Team on proper campaign/appeal setups, proper donations fund gift recording, and reconciliation between Donor Database and Accounting general ledger database
· Assist with any additional or special projects, tasks or duties beyond what is outlined here that may be assigned as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting or related field with supervisory experience
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills, proficient in Excel and Word
- Experience with non-profits and museums a plus
- Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- A team player, must be able to work with people within and outside of the finance department
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
Please login to apply for this job.